The Vox Magus is used for the main aspects of Crafting. It is the proposed customizable all-in-one "crafting station" for Camelot Unchained, the way that crafters will create powerful and unique items. This will replace traditional MMORPG crafting stations such as an anvil or alchemy table.
The Vox Magus: Planned Design[edit | edit source]
- Visually based on a pipe organ.
- Replace keys, stops, etc. with gems, runes, and other "fun stuff".
- Players sitting at a Vox Magus use both sound and magic to interact with the materials that are placed within.
- Players don’t have to read music or understand music theory to play as a crafter. Sounds come from the Vox based on the actions of the crafter.
- Each Realm has its own version of the Vox Magus, but they work in the same or similar manner.
- This reduces the amount of time and resources City State Entertainment has to spend on the interface and effects, leaving more time to work on the system’s items.
- The Vox Magus scales in power and appearance. It is a fully customizable device, which will grow with the player over time.
Vox Magus: Design Goals and Effects[edit | edit source]
Crafting is going to be a performance, and should be a very visual and visceral process, intended to be shared with others. To start is should be easy to learn, but like any good artisanal skill, the craft is difficult to master. Items contain properties of the materials they are made with, with no recipes the combinations are extensive. Shaping materials will vary both inter-Realm but possibly intra-Realm as well.
A Guild can have a Vox Magus customized for multiple crafters to work together in the guild house. With costs and upkeep, this money sink will help prevent guilds from dominating the economy.
Upgrading Your Vox Magus[edit | edit source]
The Vox Magus is planned to be upgradable from day one to the end of the game. There are several parts of the Vox Magus that are upgradable. The Vox Magus itself is upgradable separate from the crystals. The ability to upgrade comes from reaching various goals, which are set by the Realm.
Upgrading your Vox Magus will increase total Vox Power, the power curve, as well as the visuals of crafting.
Upgrading is one of the money sinks for crafters, similar to the sinks combatants have for equipment upgrades.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Vox Magus
- BSC Crafting Presentation
|Building||Blueprints • C.U.B.E. • Plots • Prefabs|
|Gathering||Mining • Logging|