We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
The Veilstorm is Coming...
Veilstorms are more than simply bad weather days; these storms can bring both destructive power and chaotic change to the lands that they sweep across. A Veilstorm is the result of too much magic flowing from one side of the Veil into our world, and the most powerful storms can culminate into a Malevolence - like the ones that tore apart the old world leaving only the shattered remains.
Effects of Veilstorms[edit | edit source]
- Can be extremely varied.
- Devastated the world when the Veil was pierced.
- Winds, rain, and destructive magic.
- Not always pure destruction, but nobody welcomes their coming even with the occasional good fortune that can arise.
- The frequency of these storms has decreased over the years as “The Three” and their armies have stabilized small parts of the world.
- In gameplay, a Veilstorm may have an effect on spellcasters, such as changing the power of spell cast, altering its basic nature, harming the casters, and lots more.
Effects of a Malevolence[edit | edit source]
- The worst Veilstorms are called Malevolences
- Malevolences carry dark magic that can literally transform the world and its inhabitants, reshaping their form and reality
- They were more frequent during the Age of Becoming, and helped to create many of the races of the world in Camelot Unchained
- Most often, the Malevolences do not cause positive changes, sometimes turning it`s victims into mindless Abominations