We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Child of Loki
Child of Loki
|Motto||My children shall exceed me!|
Like the famous trickster god, members of this class love to take on the forms of other beings. Unlike the other Realms, the power of this class comes from their animal forms, and not from their weapons or abilities. Practitioners of this class have more forms available to them than their counterparts from the other Realms. They gain this knowledge through an oral tradition passed down by their order. It was begun by the very first skin-changer, who heard it from Loki himself.
History[edit | edit source]
Sample Components[edit | edit source]
Thunderous Charge (Secondary)
After a long activation time, increases the user’s movement speed for a brief duration, or until their next attack, and grants their next attack high bonus crushing damage and a moderate knockback.
|Gift of Jörmungandr (Primary)
Transforms the user into a spirit form of Jörmungandr (snake), capable of using piercing attacks that apply poison damage when penetrating the target’s armor. The cooldown for this begins when another Gift is activated.
Key Features[edit | edit source]
Greatly increases the power of the user’s current Gift, increasing their size and the power of their abilities.
Fissures open in the ground around the user and violently erupt with the spirit kindred of the user’s current Gift. Enemies who come into contact with the spirits have a chaos debuff applied to them based on the type of spirits present:
- Wolves – Increase panic rating and apply a chaos debuff that greatly reduces movement speed and increases ability preparation and recovery times.
- Horses – Knock enemies back and deal crushing damage.
- Serpents – Apply a poison debuff that deals poison damage over time for a brief duration, or if a poison debuff is already present, greatly enhance the damage taken from all previously present poison effects.
Sample Banes and Boons[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Banes and Boons
|Cumbersome Reality||Physical damage mitigation from armor is reduced, and the user suffers increased encumbrance from equipment.|
|Painful Gifts||The user takes an amount of chaos damage when applying Gift abilities based on the duration of the previous gift, up to a maximum damage cap after a long duration.|
|Trickster's Virtue||Cures one wound from the user’s most damaged body part each time a Gift is changed.|
|Ornamental Assimilation||The properties of armor and weapons equipped by the user have their stats incorporated into their transformations. These grant offensive and defensive bonuses relative to equipment quality and power.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Norse mythology Fenrir was foretold to kill Odin during the events of Ragnarök, some of the Fenrir component names reflect this.
- In Norse mythology during the final battle, Thor would kill Jörmungandr but would die himself from poison nine paces later.
- In Norse mythology Sleipir is an eight legged horse, and was the mount of Odin.
- In addition to Fenrir, Sleipnir, and Jörmungandr in the mythology, Hel was also a child of Loki. There were lesser known sons named Narfi and Váli as well.
- The class mixes the shapeshifting nature of Loki, and aspects of his children.
Revision History[edit | edit source]
- October 23rd, 2015 - Shapeshifter classes were revealed during the 4th week of the Fall Class reveals.
References[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Arthurians||Cait Sith • Gargoyles • Golems • Humans • Picts • St'rm • Stormriders|
|Tuatha Dé Danann||Bean Sidhe • Fir Bog • Hamadryads • Humans • Luchorpán • Silverhands • Tuatha|
|Vikings||Dvergar • Jötnar • Úlfhéðnar • Valkyries • Vikings|
|Arthurians||Abbot • Black Knight • Blackguard • Dread Caller • Enchanted Knight • Flame Warden • Minstrel • Physician • Specter • Veilstalker|
|Tuatha Dé Danann||Black Rider • Blessed Crow • Dark Fool • Druid • Empath • Fianna • Forest Stalker • Morrigan • Red Cap • Wisp|
|Vikings||Arisen • Child of Loki • HelBound • Mjölnir • Shadow Walker • Skald • Slaughterwolf • Stonehealer • Wave Weaver • Winter's Shadow|
|Archetypes||Archers • The Devout • Healers • Heavy Fighters • Mages • Scouts • Shapeshifters • Spirit Mages • Stealthers • Supports|